Friday 6 April 2012

Busy week!


I haven’t blogged in over a week – not a great start but it has been an incredibly busy week. It started last Saturday with my best friend’s wedding, which was beautiful and had all the things a wedding should have plus more: a beautiful bride, lovely readings and personalised vows, an owl as the ring bearer, a nice meal, a cheesy disco and a pick’n’mix buffet to nibble on, as well as a chance to catch up with all my friends from college together for the first time in years.
As a bridesmaid I had a lovely red dress and a little black shrug, it looked great but when we spent about an hour and a half outside while the photographer took pictures of every different combination of guests he could possible think of, it was freezing! So I’ve decided that for my wedding the bridesmaids need long sleeved shrugs, and I want to make them. Should be simple enough knitting 3 shrugs especially as one will be a child’s size. And for myself I want a shawl, and I want to make that too. Which is pretty ambitious and quite possibly insane of me since as a beginner knitter I have given myself 6 months to not only knit shrugs but also to learn to make lace and make a fancy shawl. Wish me luck!
Following a late (and rather inebriated) night on Saturday I had to drag myself out of bed at the crack of dawn and pile onto a minibus to go to London for the first date of my husband-to-be’s band’s debut UK tour. The band is called Prowl , in case anyone is interested, and I love watching them play, which is good since I spend at least one evening a week in some bar/venue somewhere watching them.  It was a great day and a fantastic gig, as always. We got home at 4am, giving me just enough time to get a few hours sleep before an afternoon shift at work – the start of an incredibly bust 4 days at work.
I haven’t had chance to do any crafting but I should have a couple of finished things to show you in a few days. For now though, it’s off to Leeds for another Prowl gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment