Thursday 19 April 2012

Doing the Twist


The spring 2012 Twist Collective is out. Now before this week I’d never even heard of the Twist Collective, but let me tell you this – it’s fantastic! It’s basically a free online knitting magazine that is released three times a year, showcasing designers and mixing the pretty pictures with instructive articles on knitting.
As a beginner the article on different types of decreases was really helpful. There’s even a Q&A problem page which has taught me things I didn’t even know I needed to know about knitting. And possible the best thing is that all the designs included are purchasable patterns, so you can knit all the pretty things. My favourite by far from this issue has to be these gorgeous socks: 

 There are also, amongst the many amazing patterns, several lovely cardigans and this stunning peacock inspired shawl:


Now if only I had more knitting time – pesky things like housework and my job keep interrupting!

No comments:

Post a Comment