Tuesday 10 April 2012

I knitted a thing!


I finished my first ever knitted thing, this ribbed scarf:

I made it for Ben (the husband-to-be) and the pattern gave me loads of practice doing the knit and purl stitches. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out for a first attempt, although it took me about six weeks to finish. It was done just in time for his 30th birthday and he drunkenly told all of his friends he saw that night that I'd made it for him. We went to a seafood restaurant for his birthday since it’s somewhere neither of us had been before. We played it safe and had fish and chips to eat but both tried something new for our starters. I had whitebait which were very nice but I had to ask whether I was supposed to eat the heads or not, and on the whole I’m not sure I’m comfortable with my food having faces!

Another very exciting thing happened today... I chose my wedding dress. Obviously I can’t post photos since it’s Top Secret from Ben until our wedding day. I’m going to have to choose a shawl pattern to go with it now so that I can get knitting. I’ve now got a set of metal knitting needles in every size I could possibly want, sent to me by my grandma, so I can make lots of lovely things.

No comments:

Post a Comment