Wednesday 23 May 2012

I'm back!


I had a lovely weekend with my Grandparents; Grandma loved her quilt and said my knitting was very good – great praise from someone who’s knitted for the past 70 years. I finished the baby hat, it’s this pattern here if you want one for your baby, or yourself as there are instructions for an adult sized one! There's even enough yarn left over for teeny tiny mittens. I haven’t blocked it or added the face yet, it reminds me of an aardvark rather than Totoro at the moment:



 On the way there I knitted and ended up having a long conversation with a nice lady as a result of it, she was amazed at the 5 DPNs I was using and asked me lots of knitting-related questions.  On the way back I cast on for a baby cardigan on the first train. Then had to frog it because when I added the second colour I accidentally knitted a whole row with the tail end of the yarn. Then I cast it on again on the second train, and had to frog it because 4 rows in I realised I’d cast on the wrong number of stitches. The third attempt seems to be going ok so far though.

No comments:

Post a Comment