Monday 27 August 2012

A sunny sunday

We have an annual tradition in my family - we go to Bamburgh in Northumberland for a day on the beach with family friends. So yesterday we packed up a picnic and left rainy York and headed north to glorious sunshine and views like this:



This is my favourite place, and the setting for most of the family holidays we had when I was a child. We walked on the beack, climbed up the sand dunes and investigated the rock pools. It was a lovely day and we arrived home late, tired and sunburnt, but more relaxed than we've felt in ages!

Some other news - we have some new additions to our furry family. 3 mice came to live with us this week, all named after Disney princesses thanks to the previous owner's little girl. Only one would stay still for a photo, so here's Aurora the mouse:


I hope everyone else has had a lovely bank holiday weekend. I'm looking forward to a week off work this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment