Friday 31 August 2012

Birds

Had a day out with my parents to Harewood House near Leeds on wednesday. I have to admit that I find stately homes all look very similiar inside, but Harewood House have a bird garden. The birds all live in big aviaries or enclosures and look really well cared for. I didn't get many good photos because of the mesh on the aviaries getting in the way, but here's something you don't normally find living in the Yorkshire countryside:


We took a picnic (which we ate in the car sheltering from the rain), it amuses me that despite me having grown up and left home, my Dad still cuts my sandwiches into quarters like he used to for my school lunch box when I was little!

I've got another day out planned for sunday, going to the Great Northern Quilt Show at Harrogate with Mum. Looking forward to seeing gorgeous quilts and doing some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment